Sunday, October 18, 2009

My $50 challenge

Dan and I have come across some rough times. Not horrible just not fun, finding a job is REALLY hard!

So after looking at our finances and talking it over I challenged us to stick to $50 a week for food and others. All our utilities, mortgage, gasoline (because when you need it you need it) and Binding Faith supplies do not count in this (most of them I've already tried to trim out most of the fat)

$50 for food and "stuff"
"stuff" is our biggest problem. At no point will I say which one of us has the following issues so I will say "we" We tend to buy things just because "thats what our parents buy" or "it's a good deal."
We also tend to eat out when in a hurry. And here I'll say it, I LOVE MT DEW. I could drink it 24/7!

On Sundays we will take $50 cash out of the ATM and that will have to last us till the next Sunday. I've already made a menu for the week:

Monday: Left overs
Tuesday: Sloppy Joes
Wednesday: Homemade Pizza
Thursday: Orange Chicken
Friday: BBQ Pork
Saturday: Pigs in a Blanket/ BBQ

The first week will be the hardest and the easiest. Hard because well we are used to wanting someone and buying it (with in reason, like a soda or pop.) Easy because I went grocery shopping on Wednesday so the fridge is full!

Also on the agenda:
  • Turning Peter the Pumpkin into Peter the Pie!
  • Finish the 2nd bedroom! I have been working on completely cleaning and decluttering the house for our eventual home study.
  • Homework but of course that never ends!

I'm hoping to get a lot of stuff done this week with Aprons. I'm hoping to make some sales to help make ends meet!



No comments: