Friday, August 14, 2009

Our Wonderful Goverment

I know there is a lot of bad mouthing the government and for the most part I agree.

BUT!

I have very low expectations, so I'm not usually disappointed. Last night we got our application and the truth. We found out that we are not going to be able to do both emergency and foster/adopt at the same time. Though with a little polietly being a squeaky wheel, the worker said she would see what she could do! We also got a more realistic time line, which I'm not to happy with! We were originally told 4-6 months to be licensed now it's 12-18 months. They also said we would probably wait a year before a placement. So 2-3 years before we even have a baby here let alone the 2 ish years it takes to officially adopt!!!!!!
I think I helped the lady realize that it was pretty stupid to turn us away as Emergency Parents when they desperately need them! It doesn't even make sense! They are appearently trying to prevent parents from becoming foster parents in order to get a placement so they can "back door" and adoption. (Often if a child is placed in a foster home they will have the first oppertunity to adopt if it becomes an option.)

We shall see how it all works out :-)
I'm still optomistic because again I didn't expect it to be easy!

In other news it's hot, and I sold an apron :-)

No comments: